This management initiative is aimed at growing more mature deer by promoting good practices, a few ways to do this:
1. Letting Deer Walk- We know it’s hard, but its necessary.
2. Genetic Refining- Shape the herd. Know what you want in your bucks, and manage your current deer for that future.
3. Get in touch with us, and we will help you in your decisions! Feel free to send us pictures, comments, questions, etc. We want to help, and we want to encourage you. If you have pictures you want to be shared, make that known as well!
4. Ensure access to food, water, and shelter These things should be on the property you’re hunting naturally; make sure it stays that way Supplement this with food plots, added foods (corn, apples, etc.), and minerals throughout the year. Not just in season.
5. Be patient, it takes time to grow a herd.
We support lowering the buck limit in WV, as we work with groups in WV to get legislature passed on these terms.
A Few of Our Deer